Though our house was basically move-in ready when we bought it one area was definitely not. The basement, the maid's quarters, the dungeon- whatever you want to call it- was far from ready to use.
I honestly still don't consider it part of my house and spend as little time as possible down there. It is dirty and dingy and has cracked asbestos tiles all over. The walls (and doors and frames) are all painted the same nasty green as the office and it has all sorts of junk the old owners left- chairs, rolls of carpet, a typewriter, lampshades, etc.
We assume this area used to be maids quarters- there is a buzzer from the kitchen- but it wasn't included in the blueprints we have (this room was just for the furnace and water heater) so we can't be sure. It has the saddest little bathroom I have ever seen -if you sit on the toilet your knees are under the sink (or so Jordan says- I would never sit on that thing!).

It is funny if you compare this area to the rest of the house- the door knobs are cheap, the bathroom is crappy- they didn't even had a toilet paper roll!

The water is turned off to down here (hopefully it still works!) That toilet is gross! If you click the picture you can see how gross the floor is too.

Who knows how old this trash it- I love the old Burger King graphics!

The worst part is the "shower." The air conditioner drains into it and has turned everything all rusty. The toilet and sink are enclosed in a little room but the shower is not. It's hard to imagine someone using this!

I figured we would just use this area as storage until we needed it but when my brother-in-law offered to fix it up I couldn't say refuse. It is a pretty big space and has a "bedroom" with 2 closets. It is also under the curved window in the breakfast room so one wall is curved which is cool. Plus it stays nice and warm in the winter since the furnace is down here. I can't wait till it's fixed up!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment