Thursday, May 3, 2012

New York Thrifting

A few weeks ago I visited my sister in New York. Upstate New York. Less than 30 minutes to Canada New York. It was a very cold spring break. Since nothing really opens until May up there we had some time to kill so I thought I would check out the Impossible Dream Thrift Store in Watertown, NY.



I was with some non-thrifters so I had to hurry through the store. I did come out with 2 vintage board games and a sweet ceramic head. It had a tiki vibe and since tiki was big in the 50's and 60's (and I haven't had much luck finding any cool tiki stuff here) I had to have it.




I have been trying to find vintage board games ever since I had that Mad Men party and had to hide all my modern ones. My shelves were looking bare. With a little cleaning this old memory will be as good as new!



Once I figure out how to play PROBE (a word guessing game) I'm sure it will be a hit.



I am even thinking about having a vintage game night somewhere down the road. With drinks of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment