Saturday, May 26, 2012

Coolest vintage toy ever!

When I interned at Hasbro years ago I was able to play Hey Fatso from their game archive and fell in love. I love games and I love records and it combined both! It had a strip of "record" and a handheld needle/speaker that you would slide down it to play the sound. Since the needle could fall into any groove this randomized which saying it would use. "Ice Cream Sundae," "French Fried Potatoes," and "Hey Fatso!" were my favorites. I have been on the hunt to find it ever since and finally got close.
I found a Sound A Round at a recent estate sale and it combine a recorded story with a book and a puzzle! Look how much fun those kids are having!


Here are the instructions from inside the box lid.



And here is the (very well packaged) inside with the puzzle, book, and "Magic Tone Arm". The story included in this "Master Unit" is Tugger Tug.



The Magic Tone Arm hooks into the middle of the puzzle and has a little handle for you to use to spin it- no batteries required!


Here us a close up of the record part. You can also see the part of the base you hold on to in the top right.


What could be better than a Sound A Round story? How about 2 more? These were in a separate lot but I couldn't leave the behind! These ones don't work without the Master Unit because they don't have the Magic Tone Arm.


This is the back of the Accessory Pack listing the other stories available.


So now I have Tugger Tug, Little Red Airplane, and Farm Friends. All are in prefect condition except Farm Friends' puzzle has a tiny ripped corner that can catch the Magic tone Arm. Also its record is a problem and loops animal sounds at the end.


Here are all three sets.


I am hoping to record a video of the stories and put it on youtube. The sound a little creepy but I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment