Monday, May 14, 2012

Big Brother

I would like to introduce you to one of our house's older brothers: the Benjamin House. He is so stylish! Both houses were designed my Abrom Dombar- ours in 1953 and this one in 1949.


He was featured (along with so many other fabulous houses) in a book I gave to Tyler for his birthday that was co written by our realtor, Susan Rissover.



Notice the Erik Buck barstool on the far right? Definitely on my wish list!

I was excited and a bit nervous when I saw that he is currently for sale! Excited because that increases my chance of seeing him up close (though I seem to have missed an open house already...) and nervous because you never know what the new owners will do. He has made it this far- I would hate for him to be remodeled or worse. Hopefully whoever buys him will have as much respect for his design as his previous owners. Anyways here are a few pictures from the listing.

 



Do you think all those lights are new? This sure makes me want to paint my cabinets white!!


I definitely see similarities to my house (I wonder if they are having the same problem with the brick...) though I can also see where it has been tastefully updated and upgraded (notice the speakers in the ceiling of the dining room?). I really makes me think of all the potential my house has. My project list is getting longer and longer...

Here is a nice article in Cincinnati Magazine about the Benjamin House.

I really want to see it in person so I can compare it to my house and see how they are keeping it up. My bricks, for example, aren't doing so hot and will be really hard to replace. Hopefully I'll be able to visit and can post my own pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment