Monday, May 21, 2012

Out with the old. In with the new!!

Though I normally am all for keeping all things vintage and time period appropriate, sometimes technology has advanced too far and the old stuff just doesn't measure up. This is why we have decided to upgrade our washer and dryer.

It has been fun getting to know these guys over the last 10 months (10 months already?!?!) but they were not at all energy efficient and frankly seemed a bit dangerous to continue to use.




No more straightening him out after he shakes himself sideways no matter how full he is!











Times were simpler when these guys were made and they were built to last.
Unfortunately- even after several tweaks by Tyler- the dryer sometimes stays on indefinitely and unexpectedly the outside gets as hot as hell. Oh, and it also takes 3 HOURS to dry a load of clothes...


Looks like this guy has pulled his last all-nighter!




I didn't think I would ever get this excited about getting a new washer and dryer but I also didn't think it would be hard to see an old set go. They will be missed.


I have been trying to find a good home for them since I would hate for them to end up in a landfill (or whatever Lowe's does with them) but the new ones will be coming on Wednesday so there's not much time. Let me know if you want them!

No comments:

Post a Comment