Thursday, March 1, 2012

New Light Fixtures


I came across a house nearby that is being renovated and asked if I could take a look around and see if there was anything buy before it was thrown in the dumpster. I ended up with 2 pretty cool lights and one freebie light (plus a bunch of old outlet covers and light switches in case anything happens to any of ours!).



This is the freebie light. I can't really think of any use for it right now though it might come in handy when we redo the basement. Pretty nice light though!



This light was in the foyer of the house. I am debating whether to put it in our foyer (part of the current light fell off and needs to be fixed) but it might look weird to have a circular light in a rectangular space- plus I would like to hold out for something a little more awesome. It will probably end up in the 2nd bedroom/ office/ craft room since the light in there now is missing part of it and is that terrible green that is all over our house.



This is the light I was most excited about. I love the modern look of the hanging globe lights. This was in one of the bedrooms of the house but I think it would look great in our breakfast room. The light that is there now is one of the only things that aren't original to our house- someone got rid of the old light (I wish I knew what was there before!) and put in a ceiling fan... and it isn't even connected to our low-voltage lighting system so it is controlled by a pull switch so now we have all these useless buttons...


I am hoping my husband and dad (and maybe my electrician uncle) might be able to help get them installed before my Mad Men party later this month. So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment