Mad Men Party

The season 5 premiere of Mad Men on AMC is March 25, 2012 and to get everyone excited about it we are throwing a Mad Men party on the 24th (since most of my guests are from out of town and work on Monday). HouseParty.com sent me all sorts of goodies for the party including season 4 finale on DVD, music downloads, a martini shaker, and those fun masks!
I have been working on the menu and so far I think we will have: Utz Pretels (If I can find them)Chips and Dip (in my tomato and lettuce chip n dip)Celery with Peanut Butter or Cream Cheese (for the health conscious) Shrimp Cocktail (hopefully in martini glasses if I can find them cheap) Cheese Fondue (in our vintage orange fondue pot)Deviled EggsPigs in a BlanketMeatballs with Grape Jelly SauceJello with fruit chunks in a fun moldAmbrosia SaladDoughnut holes 60's candies (lemon heads, licorice, buttons, etc)
We have a wet bar that will be fully stocked for making all sorts of fun drinks (my husband's department), a big bowl of Canadian Club punch, and bottles of coke for the non-drinkers.
I still need to do a bit of shopping- more martini glasses, fake cigarettes (already have candy ones!), a rotary phone, and a deviled egg tray, but we are nearing the finish line! I bought a few new light fixtures I would like to have installed before the party and it would be great to get modern house numbers up but I'm not sure that will happen... Oh and tonight I am going to move my tangram giraffes to the entrance wall.
I have my retro dress ready but I need to find earrings and shoes and a skinny tie for my husband. My cousin (a hair stylist) will be fixing my hair for the party so I also need to figure out what hairdo I want.
As far as activities are concerned... I plan on passing out a 60's update paper to everyone when they arrive with lists of recent movies, music, phrases, and slang used to get everyone in the right mindset. I plan on having general Mad Men trivia and quotes trivia and the winners will get a door hanger or poster from my party pack. I have some old board and card games we can play and we will of course watch the season 4 finale so everyone is up to speed for the premiere.
I am so excited and I can't wait for the new season of Mad Men and my first (and definitely not last) 60's party in my retro house!
No comments:
Post a Comment