Saturday, March 31, 2012

Costume

I was very pleased with how my Mad Men outfit turned out! Here is the scoop on where I picked everything up and how much it put me back!

My dress was found at NVision in Northside. 



They had quite a selection of clothing, furniture, jewelry, and ties and
i thought it was quite affordable compared with other places I had shopped. My dress was $18 and I'm sure I will be getting a lot of use out of it with a 60's house!


My earrings are from Valley Thrift Store in Evendale.


I waned something simple and off-white or brown. These earrings were $2 and came with a matching bright blue pair and a big weird button pair.

Grandma's Gloves


After I raided my grandma's bar for props I realized she might be able to help me with my costume too! She was more than happy to help and her gloves- original from the 60's- were a great fit!

Shoes from St. Vincent de Paul on Este Ave.

I did't have any closed toed shoes to wear for the party but luckily St. Vincent de Paul had quite the selection! I got these for only $3!


So there you have it- my Mad Men costume for under $25. I can't wait to wear it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment