Monday, March 5, 2012

New Vase!

I have been frequenting less popular estate sales (ebth.org is getting too crowded!) and it finally paid off! The listing for this vase didn't seem too exciting and the picture was a little blurry so I picked it up for only $2.13! It came in its original box and everything!











Tada! Not a vase I would pay a ton of money for but I'd say it was definitely worth more than $2!




Here you can see the company insignia etched in. La Murrina is a glass blowing company from Murano, an island off Venice. Supposedly they still produce their glass there though I am having trouble finding a lot of info online since they now focus of making fancy glass light fixtures.



Here is our new vase and our old vase.


This is the same vase but in blue currently on sale online. It says they were made in the 1990s (They are trying to get $125 for it! I am curious if it will sell).

Even if it from the 90s I think it still looks retro and sweet. And I would have been silly to let some other bidder have it for just $1- that would have been ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment