Monday, February 13, 2012

Corbett Kitchen Preview

On Friday Tyler and I visited the Corbett Kitchen preview at the Architectural Foundation of Cincinnati downtown. We were able to talk to Chuck Lohre (who lives in Frank Lloyd Wright's Boulter house  in Clifton) who is the current owner of the kitchen.


It was nice to be able to see the pattern up close as well as some of the pages from the magazine that were too small to read online.


I hope the Cincinnati Art Museum takes the whole kitchen (only the island was on display here) so we can all enjoy it for years to come.



The event was sponsored by cf3 and also displayed posters of renowned local architects and buildings. It was really neat to see pictures of some of the houses I have heard about and to put a name and architect to some houses I have seen around. This really cool house we pass nearby is another Abe Dombar house-  the Rand House- designed 5 years after ours. He is our house's little brother! Many of the houses on the banners were in Amberley Village which is really cool!



I wish they would have compiled these banners a little later so ours could be featured!


The saddest thing about this event was finding out that the new kitchen in the Corbett house is an IKEA kitchen. We assumed if some one was buying a $2 million house they would install something custom and awesome... IKEA kitchens are nice... but I feel like this house deserves something better... Thanks Chuck for saving this kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment