Thursday, May 2, 2013

Curb Appeal!

From this...

to this...

to....

this!!

No crazy makeovers- just a few small fixes that really did the trick (and for pretty dang cheap)!

Last spring Tyler and I bought a few plants for our front yard. Soon after we planted them the local deer killed everything- or so we thought! This year the tiny little bushes came back! It's only a matter of time until they get eaten again so we dug most of them up and will relocate them.

We are hosting my cousin's wedding shower here this weekend and recruited the help my family to get ready. They helped get the front yard looking a lot better and I figured we should take this opportunity to add some actual landscaping back in. We have a long long list of projects so I figured if we didn't do it now it would probably be at least 5 years before we would think about it again.

My uncle, Tom Craven, is a landscape architect so he picked us up some bushes and they look awesome! I love how subtle those little bushes are. That bigger one in the middle will hopefully fill out and block some of that brick problem...

I found out that mulch makes a HUGE impact! Holy cow!


How adorable does our house look? Now we've just got to get rid of those random bushes by the driveway and we'll be good to go (in the front at least)!Thanks Craven family for everything you did to make my house look so great! I can't wait until the shower to show it off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment