Saturday, May 11, 2013

Harper House Tour

Today Tyler and I were lucky enough to get to tour the Charley Harper House and Studio. I was amazed at how private and secluded the house was- if we ever have a house built we would love to have a location like that!


Here is the house when it was built. The carport has since been converted into a studio. The architect, Rudy Hermes, talked about working with Charley and the Ford artwork they made together. We don't normally get to meet the architects of these awesome houses so I was very thankful that he was there. 

This is Charley's desk just how he left it- I don't know how he made such clean art in such messy conditions! His son Brett was on hand to answer any questions. I loved seeing all the artwork and what went into each piece. 

My favorite thing about the house was how connected it was with nature. This view is from the kitchen sink. I can definitely see where Charley got his inspiration!


No comments:

Post a Comment