Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thrift Store Chair!!

I had quite an interesting Thrift Store experience today- I was an extra for a consumer research study this morning but I was not needed so I was free to leave. It was near my new favorite thrift store- St. Vincent de Paul on Este so I thought I would stop by. I headed straight for the furniture and saw this beauty.

It didn't have a price on it so I assumed it was sold and I settled for taking this picture and moving on. A guy came up and told me he was waiting for them to price it so I told him if he didn't want it I did (I have been looking for something to spend my birthday money on since my dishes fell through). After it was priced he decided to buy it and I continued shopping. I found another cup to match my red squares set (now I have 4!) when he changed his mind and gave me the ticket. I had to drive home with it hanging out of the trunk (turns out we need a bigger car) and I couldn't wait to get it in the house.

Back in high school I loved Everclear's Thrift Store Chair song. Now I have my very own thrift store chair (but hopefully it won't come with all the problems the couple have in the song). Here is my new living room (I guess the 2 giant ugly green chairs will be demoted to the soon-to-be-fixed-up basement!)
It's not nearly as bright orange as these pictures would have you believe...
It was reupholstered at some point and I think they did a pretty good job- if they are still around I might have some more business for them!
 
I love my new thrift store chair! Thanks thrift store friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment