I have been posting recently about furniture and all sorts of cool stuff but not so much about home improvements. Though our list is long, money is tight but I don't want you all thinking we are slacking off! We got one thing checked off our to do list this summer and have been working on another big project.
This is our patio.
The main thing that was missing was lighting. There were some old fixtures and a giant pole with lights but everything was rusted and presumed inoperable. My uncle, an electrician, agreed to help us get ready for the party. He perched his ladder precariously on a branch to change the light bulbs and see if it still worked.
Here is the gigantic light bulb that was in there. I couldn't believe when he put a new one in and it worked! I couldn't wait for the sun to set so I could see how the patio looked.
Here is the light post out back with the new lights in it ready to go. There is also a little light on the walkway that we should be able to get working again but we were short on time. There was also an old outlet on the base of the post that worked! So here is the final result!
My sisters strung up some Christmas lights and we grilled out and everyone had a great time!
My uncle also replaced our non functioning back yard light with this new one. It even turns on automatically when it gets dark!
So fixing our backyard lights is officially crossed off our home improvement list! Now on to the other hundred projects ( just look at that flaking paint on our siding...)!
I can't imagine how gorgeous it would look if you got the lighting all completely working. It would seem like a great place to have a barbecue and tell stories around a fire. I hope you guys get it all worked out, nothing is cozier then a home you feel blissful at, anywhere you step in.
ReplyDelete-Adam Ahmed
Masonry Brooklyn