Tyler and I have met several times with our architect and have pretty much nailed down the layout of our new kitchen. We still need to decide on cabinets, colors, tile, appliances, etc but I think we have the main decisions made. This layout (without an island) is very spacious but hopefully everything isn't too spread out...
This is the view from the new dining room (old living room). We'll have to raise the bottom of the window up to counter height but that's ok since now everyone can see right in from all the way down the street. I love the contrast of the darker cabinets with the continuous counter top (we are also considering while cabinets).
This overview is shot from above the existing kitchen and shows the "cook area" with 2 ovens and a cooktop. We'll probably put a microwave into the peninsula. We are considering a colored tile for that wall but I have trouble committing to a color...
This shows the opposite view and you can see the prep/cleanup counter with the sink and dishwasher. This also shows the food area with pantries on either side of the fridge.
Here is another view of the food area from the peninsula. We will be able to have a couple bar stools here so people can hang out with Tyler while he cooks.
This is what you would see walking into the kitchen from the old kitchen (future play/craft room). Tyler is a pretty serious cook and I know he would love to have a real "cook's kitchen."
This is kind of what you would see from upstairs with Chris's decorative art thing hanging down. I'm not sold on it yet- I think it would look pretty good just being open- but this could match a new railing system if we wanted to replace that old built in bench at some point. I'm really excited about getting this project going- I was hoping to have it done for Ben's first birthday party but that's looking pretty unlikely now... Anyways it should be awesome!







No comments:
Post a Comment