Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Craft room

Now that my craft room is probably on it's way out (to be moved into the old breakfast room later this summer) I thought I ought to add some pictures on here.

This is the space where the desk was (I'll add a picture of that once I find one!). You can see where they painted around it... I can't imagine so much of our house grey- it seems so dark and dreary...

This is from the other direction. The desk is along the wall on the left but I snapped these pictures right before Tyler started painting.

This is from the breakfast room doorway. The door on the left is my wrapping paper/ laundry stuff closet. The freezer is right in front and the washer and dryer are behind it in that little nook. I took this picture because I had planned the add shelves above the washer and dryer... but that hasn't happened yet.

One of the main reasons we were "fixing up" the laundry room was because the paint was peeling off the ceiling. While Tyler was redoing the bathroom in the basement I figured I could tackle this project for the most part by myself. Then I got pregnant and couldn't be around paint or stand on ladders or lift anything... ah those were the days...

I got a bunch of these boxes on super clearance since they are Christmasy and decided to spray paint them so they would match (this was one thing I could do pregnant as long as there was plenty of ventilation)!

I must have some in progress shots but til I find them here is the finished product. The desk is moved back in and Tyler patched and painted everything and put up some yellow shelves on the wall.

We got the silver brackets from IKEA. They are designed to only work with their specific boards (which are a weird thickness) but we reused wood from the bookcase we had in Clifton and it worked ok.

This is the other wall. I had planned on putting white shelves above the washer and dryer to hold laundry stuff but never got around to it. I don't get to see the room from this angle often but I like it!


I had planned on (and still have fabric for) little curtains for these side windows. There were all these complications because of the dryer vent on the other side so I never decided exactly what to do. Now I just use this one as a little shelf with stuff I use frequently.

We have tons of mason jars and I cut paper or strips of fabric to decorate them. It definitely makes me feel a lot more organized!

I don't remember where I got this basket but it looks awesome holding yarn! I love how versatile these shelves are and how much space they give me for my crafting stuff!

This is one of those little containers. I painted the lid yellow and the handle grey (to match the curtain fabric). Unfortunately as they are used the paint chips off REALLY easily (especially where the handle comes down) so they don't look quite so good anymore... But they still function as well as ever!

And here is the curtain I made! It is actually full length so I can have some privacy but I added little loops in the middle to hook on the top bracket. I'm quite proud of it since I don't really sew much.

So that's the craft room for now (actually as it looked last spring when I took these pictures... I kept waiting for the other shelves to be installed but I'm giving up on that! I wonder what it will look like as just a laundry room (or maybe a mud room...??) with new floors and everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment