Monday, April 14, 2014

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

The house next door is finally on the market!! Roz moved out last summer and her kids have been working hard to get it ready (aka there have been countless restoration, cleaning, junk removal, etc people over). I am so excited to see who our new neighbors will be!

I snuck a peek in the  front door the day that Roz fell last summer... She didn't answer the door so I called the cops to check on her... turns out she just didn't hear me (though she was still bleeding and all beat up). I had been dying to see what her house looked like and this was the view from the front door.

I love that fun fireplace! It seems more functional than ours since it has brick around the base (ours had carpet right up to it... not the best plan!). I also like the stones in the entrance.

The kitchen is a bit outdated but I think with some new pulls (and maybe some paint) it would be good to go!

It also has an eat in kitchen. They had a treadmill in here and offered me that and the kitchen table when they were giving Roz's stuff away... The nurse's family that helps the old man across the street got most of the stuff!

I love this shade of blue! You don't see too many blue bathrooms- it's always pink, pink, pink!

They have a similar counter to ours. I love the sliding windows with hidden storage!

This laundry room is across from our bedroom. It's nice to know it's not a bedroom because it seems pretty easy to see in our windows... this house also has a full basement which I am totally jealous of!

The back of the house with a bit of our house on the left. I realized if people are going to be coming to look at the house we need to look like good neighbors! Tyler and I spent the afternoon clearing branches, moving crap, and tidying up our backyard (Tyler cut down a 15 ft tall honey suckle bush in the fall so you can see right over into our yard)! Yay for new neighbors!!

UPDATE: A nice young couple moved in next door- I can't wait to become friends with them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment