Since our new kitchen is officially complete I thought it would be nice to take a look at how it started.
These pictures are from before we actually purchased our house.
I'm pretty sure Evelyn hadn't been living there for a while which explains the eclectic furniture (though the kitchen sink was FULL of plants so I'm not sure).
I was impressed by the lighting :)
She (or maybe the original owners) had screwed quite a few things into the brick wall... which I guess is nothing compared to what we did to it. I didn't realize the doors were swinging doors until the second time we came through; what a fun surprise!
Evelyn was very concerned that she get that screen that is attached to the brick there.... I was sad to see it go ;)
Here are a few pictures from after we got "settled in." The dining room was the last to be furnished.
It was the temporary home of the tangram giraffe art my dad and I made for Tyler for Christmas.
Glad that silver fish is gone! I will miss walking through that swinging door into the vintage kitchen...
It was, in fact, the big reveal of Tyler's handiwork. He refinished the table and it looks fantastic!
We also got this buffet in St. Louis.
Here are some random pictures from 2012 before we replaced the floor and got rid of those GIANT curtains! Hello, Kibby!
This is a good overall picture of the space we changed. It looks so crazy different!
In 2012 we hosted a Mad Men party and our dining room was a great place to share some vintage foods!
I do not miss those green chairs...
The space definitely doesn't feel quite as retro now...
I never got any finished "flooring" pictures because it was never technically finished. The trim and vents (that weren't replaced with cabinetry) were just installed... but after the floor and window treatments were replaced the dining room became my photography studio.
It was nice to have natural light and not have to lug tiny babies into my sketchy basement!
Which brings me up to last fall when I had to pack everything up!





No comments:
Post a Comment