Friday, October 24, 2014

Goodbye Dining Room :(

I wanted to take a minute to remember all the little details about the old dining room since before it is gone forever... I'm took lots of pictures!

That wallpaper has grown on me! There was a big brownish spot and I got a tiny little sample of color matched to the wallpaper to cover it up. The wallpaper is super fragile and would show any water or moisture (from my hand on the wall while I painted, for example).

I love how big the dining room is! We almost always had all the leaves in our table and still had room to spare! We also had shades made when we installed the floor. Sadly, that shade won't fit the new window.

I love the continuous brick. One thing I don't like about the new kitchen is that we had to cover it up. I can't wait to get a gas insert for that fireplace, though!

We'll also have to find a new spot for Tyler's birds...

Ah, the three individually controlled lights. While the rest of the house (minus closets) is connected to the low voltage system these three are not. I wish I knew the reasoning behind it!

A close up of one of the lights. These are the same lights that are outside the doors so I won't miss them too much.

The three light switches I was talking about :)

I had an ornament made using a picture of this wallpaper. It really kills me to cover up something so unique.

Our big 'ole window! The light it provides for my studio was fantastic but I hate that anyone driving (or walking) up the street can see straight in!

 I wanted to capture how old Ben was because I'm sure he won't remember the old dining room. I will also miss that wide marble window sil!I loved using it as a Christmas "display window" for my Playmobil sets!

No comments:

Post a Comment