Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Status Update: No floor yet


With an end to Project Painting in sight (Tyler has really been working hard to finish up!) I am starting to get excited about the floors. We have quite a deadline (a little over a month til Baby is due) so hopefully things will really pick up the pace. In the meantime here are some "what my house looks like now" shots.

Here is the freshly fixed up and painted ceiling in the dining room. I didn't think it looked bad before but it looks great now! The ceiling is "Summer Grey" and the wall is "Stony Path." I was going to do a post just on the painting since that took about 2 months to complete but it's real hard to see progress and the colors get all washed out. Maybe I'll put together some before and after shots later. Everything looks basically the same only greyer.

And here is our fabulous cork flooring! It has been moved at least half a dozen times and has recently been used to prop up closet doors while being painted. I have been tempted to sit on them as we discuss plans (since there aren't any chairs around) but tend to remember not to just in time. This will be the first room to "get corked" so all those boxes will have to be moved once more.

On the right side of this picture is the front wall. It is painted with "Coastal Jetty." I was hesitant to paint  it grey (especially since we had just taken down those old grey curtains) but I think it looks really nice. It also matches the "bird mural" so hopefully that will tie everything together.

Here is the other view of that area. We have to space the boxes of flooring out because they each weigh about 50lbs so we don't want to over load the floor. The corner in this picture was a huge pain in the butt- apparently it had leaked in the past and there is a ton of water damage on the ceiling, walls, and floor (it is also the spot where the downspout had been clogged and water was leaking into the crawl space... coincidence?)

And if you were curious this is where all the furniture went! Crammed into the living room and family room. Luckily we didn't use that stuff too much...

And just to help us keep our eye on the prize we took a few boards out of the broken box of flooring and put them together in the living room. This also comes in very handy when people come over and have no idea what cork floor is or looks like.
Hopefully they can start laying the floor this week or weekend and then I can add some actual progress shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment