Sunday, July 21, 2013

Cork Flooring Progress


This was the floor after day one. I was thrilled to have this much finished because that meant that sanding, spackling, painting, moving furniture, and cleaning were done too! My dad and Tyler work hard learning to use the saws and measuring all the pieces that first day. The brick wall and door were especially tricky. I was pretty useless- I think I did was point out a piece of cork with some black spots in it that I didn't want right in the middle of the room.

This is toward the end of day two. Tyler's dad, John, came down to help too so the tree men had quite a rhythm going. It was soooo hot outside that day and I felt bad for John who was doing all the cutting outside... My mom and I were on in charge of protecting the floors so we bought all sorts of felt pads and rubber feet for our dining room furniture.

This is yesterday- my Dad had to work but John and Jordan stepped in. Most of the day was spent cutting pieces to fit our curved staircase. If it didn't look good enough we would have to install trim (which would be a pain and not look as good) but I think it turned out great!

Here is the first piece of staircase cork squeezed into place. We should have painted the stairs first but I was very anxious to get the floor started!!

This is the old plywood floor (left) compared to the awesome new cork (right). I have gotten used to the plywood since we have been using it for 3 months but the cork will obviously be much better! I just want to get all this flooring done so we can set up the nursery and get the house back to normal (I'll have to post a picture of our "family room," it is sooo crammed full of furniture)!

No comments:

Post a Comment