I have been dying to replace a few of the light fixtures in our house since we bought it a year and a half ago. Last March I picked up a few fixtures from a nearby house renovation. The first one was immediately installed in the breakfast room but the other have been gathering dust in the garage ever since. Well today we got the second one up and running!
Here is the fixture that came with the house. It is in the office/ kids room and looked pretty darn terrible. We think it used to have a dome of some sort. It is the same green that EVERYTHING else in the room was at some point (desks, walls, shelves, etc).
We put up with this light since it did its job but recently it has been blowing every light bulb we put in there after just a few days (only the old ones fit...) so it was time for a change!
Here is the "new" light (I'm sure the house it was from is just about as old as ours but it is new to us! It is quite fancy for a bedroom but the light in our master bedroom is fancy too so I thought it would fit just fine. I cleaned it up and my uncle, the electrician, stopped by this morning and installed it.
Tada! I am quite happy with how it looks! The actual stopped on the bottom needs a washer or two to fit so we just used this screw thing for now. I don't mind it much!
No comments:
Post a Comment