When we bought our house in 2011 these were the lovely house numbers that came with it. This nice post with sticker numbers was right next to the driveway and the bent pole told me it had been hit by a car at least once.
I had been dying to get new house numbers and knew it was a pretty easy project. I also knew that I am pretty inept at making sure things are level or spaced evenly. So I had to wait until my husband was up for the challenge.
Tyler thought we should put the numbers on the brick and while I thought the texture would be nice behind it, I thought screwing into brick seemed to permanent and damaging. Here is a quick mock up of what both ideas would look like.
Home Depot sells some modern looking house numbers for much cheaper than you could find them online and Tyler got them for me for our anniversary this year.
I was very pleased when I came home from running errands and he had not only installed the new numbers but was also removing the old house numbers pole and giant concrete block.
Tyler had blue painters tape holding the numbers on/covering them up for a few hours to make sure they were attached securely. During that time we had a police officer come to the door saying our alarm had gone off. Turns out it was the neighbors alarm and he had to wrong house. Of course the one time the police have been called was the day we had our numbers under construction!
Now we just need to add a light and give that wood siding a good cleaning and repaint it!
But for now as long as we don't want to get a pizza delivered at night we should be in good shape!




No comments:
Post a Comment