Tuesday, September 13, 2011

New Stuff!

I won these first two serving dishes from an online estate sale last week. I am hoping to have a Mad Men Christmas party this winter and figure I ought to stock up!





I saw this serving platter at Duck Creek Antique Mall on Sunday and the entire booth was 50% off so I couldn't pass it up. The lady who checked me out said it was the "deal of the century" at only $1.50!








I went back yesterday and bought this bowl to match the glasses I bought on my birthday.






I didn't think they were exactly the same because the bowl had these gold starbursts and the glasses didn't.



Turns out the glasses did have them though almost all were worn off. Maybe someday I'll get a forth glass and have a set!
The husband is getting on me for buying so many decorative items (though they will be quite useful for parties) when we have actual purchases to make (our disposal hasn't worked since we bought the house). I would love to buy larger items- some sweet lamps and end tables and definitely need a dining room set, and a couch but they are all more expensive and I think he would object to that even more...

No comments:

Post a Comment