Today Tyler and I spent 3:30- 9ish checking out all sorts of local flooring stores. Our main dilema is whether to use hardwood, bamboo or cork.
What also makes this harder is that there is wood paneling on the ceiling and one wall in the family room so we want to make sure the color of the new wood is a different enough color.
We were originally thinking of have really dark wood but I have looked at loads of examples of houses with multiple shades of wood and hardly any midcentury ones use dark. It seems like it might not matter as much as we thought.
I think we have it narrowed down to cork in the bedrooms and wood (or maybe cork too) in the main area.
We are going back and forth between glue down tiles (better quality?)
or snap together floating floor (way easier).
The guy at the flooring store discourages cork especially in the main area bc he doesn't know how durable it is. We are checking out some friends' house on Friday to see their 10 year old cork so we'll see!



No comments:
Post a Comment