Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Old Kitchen

It has recently come to my attention that I never posted pictures of our old kitchen... so without further ado...

Behind the swinging door....

tada! 

beautiful and pink and vintage. Also small and outdated... It was the servant's kitchen so whenever we had a party Tyler would be closed off in here all by himself...

This is what we started out trying to fix. Old asbestos tiles that I didn't want my sweet tiny baby crawling on. This area in particular was breaking off and was all faded and gross. 

This is the view from the breakfast nook by the curved window. 

That crazy wallpaper actually grew on me!

Besides the water droplets (from ironing and the like) and a few very warn and faded spots it was in pretty good shape. This was my favorite spot- someone had actually burned into the cigarette!

This is the view from the other side of the breakfast room.

And here is the cute little breakfast room. We didn't use this room much- the breakfast table was glass and got super smudgy each time we used it... we did use this room as our office for a bit once Ben was born and for quite a bit of storage.

Here you can see out cool tri-colored appliances. The black dishwasher had a lovely piece of wood on one side because it didn't really fit... Now on to the details....

I loved that this cabinet opened from both sides (I think we actually used it twice- but I showed it to people all the time!).

We had two of these sweet spinners- we used the other one for spices and this one for random crap and Tyler's tea stuff.

I love the pattern of the countertop!

Pull out cutting board? Awesome. Though I never actually cut anything on it, it did serve as extra space if the counter was full!


I really miss this vented drawer for potatoes and onions and such. We have nothing like this in our new kitchen...

Under the sink

Above the stove- the hood was in the middle but there was room for stuff on both sides.

Our double oven was pretty cool too- the light and everything still worked!

Our freezer leaked into the fridge which sucked but the door kept our glasses nice and cold.

This is the buzzer from the bedroom and bar which I insisted we keep! Ben loves pushing "daddy's button" (it's on Tyler's side of the bed) and hearing it buzz across the house!

We also kept this closet for appliances and such. It gets too hot from the furnace to be a pantry :)

old sink

The old kitchen had one main light (and another one under the window) which was really not enough light for that room. If you were working at a counter you basically blocked all the light from what you were doing....

Cool light fixture I bought from another house in Amberley.

Big 'ole curtain. I was glad to see this go but since I have been running a studio out of this space I had to make a makeshift curtain to block out the winter sun...

I think my absolute favorite thing about the old kitchen is this sweet ass storage solution along the north wall.

So. Much. Storage. It wasn't a great size for a lot of things but was awesome for canned goods and tupperware and bunches of other stuff.

So that's the old kitchen. It's bittersweet to see it go...



No comments:

Post a Comment