This was definitely the hardest part to be around. I had grown to love our old kitchen but at this point we were clearly committed to clearing out the space (Tyler wasn't buying the 2 kitchens argument...)
It does look awfully dingy though doesn't it...

I honestly had to leave the house for a few days... I also felt like such a hypocrite because I HATE when people tear out their awesome vintage kitchens...


Scrapper Jay took our range, our fridge, out sink, and our extra freezer.

Tearing out the soffit was timed pretty badly... It was the coldest days of the winter and even with the vents shut the snow was always melted off our roof.

It was weird having a gaping hole into our attic...

Lining up the lights and moving the vents. It's amazing the amount of work the ceiling was!

Byebye wall paper... I made an ornament to commemorate all of this year's construction. One side is the old dining room wallpaper and the other is this crazy french restaurant!

No comments:
Post a Comment