Friday, January 23, 2015

MCM Movie Props?!

**This post had to be rewritten because I accidentally closed the tab as I was finishing up... so it used to be much longer and better...**

In late November ago I drove by the Amberley Green and saw all this!



There were signs saying "Base Camp" and bunches of trailers and cars. I messaged our vice-mayor (and fellow community gardener) and she informed me that they were filming a movie, The Blunderer, right here in Amberley Village! Exciting, I know!

I have been busy with Ben and our kitchen remodel and not buying vintage, fragile collectables for Ben to break so I haven't been checking out the estate sales like I used to (plus my two favorite auctions have closed...). Kim is getting married this summer and wants to use vintage stuff to decorate so I'm back in the game! Wouldn't you know one of the auctions had MCM props from that movie! I am all about cool retro stuff especially when it has a story (and when I could potentially spot my very own stuff in said movie) so I had to get something!!

I tried to convince Tyler he needed some of the furniture for his new office but since the auction ended last night he didn't have time to commit... and since we are "modernizing" our house I didn't want to push the old furniture idea... but I did score this cool ice bucket for just $4!

And this nifty lazy susan for just $10! It's missing a bowl but I thought it was still cool! I am also hoping to have another Mad Men party for the series finale so I'll have a chance to use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment