Monday, February 25, 2013

20th Century Cincinnati Show!

This weekend Tyler and I (and TONS of other people) attended 20th Century Cincinnati at the Sharonville Convention Center. We weren't planning on buying anything so we slept in and had breakfast before heading over. I love looking at all the stuff they have for sale and checking out where all the vendors are from.

A lot of the stuff had already been sold (you can get in before the general public if you pay extra) but I found a lot of things I wanted.

They also had an exhibit on Russel Wright who was from nearby Lebanon, Ohio. He is most famous for his iconic line of dinnerware but also designed with wood and metal like the awesome set below.


The classic womb chair was there of course! I love this color!
Tyler loved this cute little bubble lamp. But not for $300!
I liked this more affordable pair of lamps for $175. I have been looking for lamps for the bedroom but I really need to find some cute (cheap) non-IKEA nightstands to put them on first!

Do you recognize this lovely Broyhill Brasilia buffett? We have the longer version in our dining room (and we certainly didn't pay $700 for it!)

cf3 hosted a Question and Answer forum where anyone could submit questions on design, collecting, furniture restoration, flat roofs, etc and the panel did their best to answer them.

I sent in some pictures of my kitchen and asked for input on what we should do to fix it up (mainly replace the asbestos tile floor). They talk about my question at 37:12 in the clip.

Though Tyler and I didn't buy anything we got to meet up with lots of our MCM friends and had a great time browsing! Maybe next year we'll have more money saved up!

No comments:

Post a Comment