So I keep an eye on about 12 different local online estate companies and most of the time there is nothing that I am really interested in. When there is something cool it usually goes for a lot more than I am willing to spend... or I forget about the sale (I have been getting better about setting reminders on my phone) and miss it. Not this time!
I saw these babies about a week ago but I didn't want to jinx it (or create more competition) so I waited until the auction was over to post about it. Franciscan Starburst are THE dishes anyone who collects mid century stuff. They aren't the rarest but usually cost quite a bit.
Since the last time I tried to win dishes worked out so poorly I was committed to these ones. My mom even offered to chip in and she could give them to me for my birthday or Christmas.
Although the starburst pattern isn't my absolute favorite I couldn't pass them up. I am so darn excited- I can't wait to pick them up and actually have them in my possession!!
I didn't end up with all they had to offer but I won 11 dinner plates ($12), 9 bread plates ($15), 6 bowls ($18), 6 cups and 9 saucers ($14), 1 divided child's plate ($7), and one butter dish ($10).
I passed on 3 lunch plates($10) and 4 salad plates ($12). These ones were more expensive per piece and I figured I had won enough plates to get me started.
I didn't make it to a preview so hopefully they are in good shape!! yay!






No comments:
Post a Comment