Saturday, September 22, 2012

Port Clinton Finds

I finally got a new camera! While it isn't as good as my old camera it'll have to do for now.
I visited my in-law's house on Lake Erie a few weeks ago and spent the morning at estate and garage sales. I was hoping to find those elusive night stands but ended up with all this instead!
 

I headed to an estate sale in Port Clinton and was there when it opened at 9am. This was the first thing I grabbed up for $3. I love the design on the sides and that it is divided. I already have a similar piece but this one had a lid!

I found this vintage game in the back bedroom and couldn't pass it up for 50 cents!

I headed back to the kitchen (where I got the first pyrex but passed up this one) and even though this shade of pink isn't my favorite I decided to get this guy because I could use a big pyrex and the design on the side is adorable! There was a notepad next to it that said "increase prices on Pyrex." I'm not sure if $4 was the before or after price but I think it was a steal!

This cool ash tray was in the garage will all the small stuff. We don't smoke so I don't really need more ash trays but I think they add to the 50's vibe. Did I mention he was only a quarter?

Speaking of quarters, these were $0.25 each (the wooden handled picks came together). Does anyone know what that holey spoon is for??

These cookbooks were only $0.25 each too! I'll go through them all and post pictures sometime. Titles include: "Pies Men Like," "The New Sealtest Book of Recipes and Menus," "Sunkist Lemons- Bringing out the Flavor," "The Party Book," "Elegant Desserts," and my favorite "KNOX On-Camera Recipes- A Completely New Guide to Gel-Cookery." I can't wait to try out some of those recipes! I also picked up a guide to wallpapering from 1942 to help me redo the bathrooms!

After that estate sale I went cruising around Marble Head looking for garage sales. I found a street sale along the water and found this lovely box. What's in it you ask?

Sewing patterns! I got a sewing machine for Christmas and am trying (without much luck) to learn to sew. I want to be able to make little holiday decorations and maybe some halloween costumes!

Most of the patterns were for young girls so they might come in handy down the road. Here are a few of my favorites.

There were a few cute dress and pants patterns too. I can't wait to start sewing! I got this whole box of patterns for just $5!


Quite a successful trip I'd say! I have been checking out thrift stores around here and haven't found anything in weeks... hopefully my luck will change soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment