Saturday, June 23, 2012

New End Table

I saw an ad on Craiglist last week about a local man selling his parents' estate because they moved to Florida.  He had a picture of this hutch and also mentioned he had a few dressers.
He wanted $95 for the hutch which was tempting... but I don't really need another hutch right now. I stopped by hoping he would have a set of nightstands. I would love to replace the black IKEA ones we are using now. Up in the bedroom I saw this beautiful dresser for just $75.






It was such a pretty color and was in really good shape. Tyler doesn't want to buy bedroom stuff because we spent all of our wedding money but this dresser was so pretty... and it even had a matching mirror.



He only had one nightstand and it was bigger than I would like. It also was a little scratched up so I paid more attention to the dresser. I emailed the guy back the next week after I saw his ad was still on Craigslist and he dropped the price of the dresser to $35! I told him I could pick it up the next day but he had called his dad and it turns out his uncle wanted it.


I was quite disappointed- I had decided it would make a good TV stand and finally got Tyler on board... but since I had already asked my Dad to help me move it and already borrowed the truck I decided to get the nightstand for $15 (plus he threw in that little red bowl).




Last night I wiped him down with Murphy's Oil Soap and then Howard's Feed and Wax. I would like to use some Howards Restore-A-Finish to hide some of the scratched but I wanted to get it in the house asap so that will have to wait.






I know he is actually a night stand but I have been looking for an end table for the family room with shelves so I can store pens and score pads and napkins for when we play games or eat up there.


I am also still in the market for a new camera since my good camera died and my iPhone's is all scratched up and crappy... so sorry about the crappy pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment