Monday, June 4, 2012

Charley Harper Mosaic Inspiration

For Christmas this year I got my first real Charley Harper print- signed, numbered and everything. Before that we just had a few pictures from a calendar framed around the house so I was very excited to have something bigger than 12x12 to hang up!

This weekend we started to fix up the basement (more on that later). I figured we would do as little as possible to make it usable and remodel it in a few years. Tyler had other ideas including making the bathroom bigger and tiling the shower. If we are going to tile I say we do it Charley Harper style!
Federal Building in Cincinnati





My idea is to have mostly white tile with little dots of color like the above picture (minus all the animals) then choose one animal to put somewhere inside the shower (they are actually quite large). It would be a lot of work but wouldn't it be awesome??

Pearson Hall in Miami University

Tyler is more about modern stuff and is planning on getting rid of the old sink and put in a vanity... we'll see how this goes! I've gotta take a trip downtown to see them in person!

Panorama of Miami University wall

Cincinnati's wall details

Cincinnati wall overview

No comments:

Post a Comment